As you can see in the Blood Pressure Series the criteria for High Blood pressure back then was listed as:
A blood pressure reading has a top number (systolic) and bottom number (diastolic). The ranges are:
- Normal: Less than 120 over 80 (120/80)
- Prehypertension: 120-139 over 80-89
- Stage 1 high blood pressure: 140-159 over 90-99
- Stage 2 high blood pressure: 160 and above over 100 and above
- High blood pressure in people over age 60: 150 and above over 90 and above
Lowering this to 130 would bring near to 50% of the population in the states to be considered as having high pressure. This greatly benefit the drug manufacturers as those would be given away like candy, well not given but prescribed.
Drugs won’t cure you, just poison your system in order to reduce symptoms and lower the scores on the tests. Sadly this won’t get you healthier until the root cause is addressed.
See what Dr. Wallach has to say below: